Saturday, October 20, 2007

PYGMALION

My assignment partner- Wanira, had chosen the play Pygmalion as the subject for our micro teaching assignment. At first I did not really prefer the play, I prefer to do Antigone. My first review about this play, I did not really understand what is the message that the playwright was trying to convey through this story? When Dr. Edwin asked us to watch the Pygmalion movie, I was hoping to gain some interest in understanding this story. But maybe when it comes to be viewed in a very old version, I did look like the movie either.

But while working throughout to do the micro teaching presentation, I have found that this story is not really hard to be understood. Thanks to my partner for helping me to understand this story. But one thing that I still wondered about Pygmalion – is it really a romantic play, or rather a linguistic obsession play?

No comments: